Wednesday, January 23, 2008

They Absolutely, Without A Doubt, SUCK

So, I don't know if you know who Fred and Shirley Phelps are, and I don't know if you have ever heard of the Westboro Baptist Church, but they SUCK!! (sorry kids---NC17 rating) Google them if you don't know who they are, but be prepared to be horrified. And, if you aren't, please remove me from your address book. They are planning to go all the way to Australia (guess you can fly direct from crazyville now!) and protest at Heath Ledger's funeral because of the movie Brokeback Mountain. Now I know Heath and I were never on a first name basis, but I cannot even imagine what it would be like for his family to have to look at these nutjob a'holes (IMHO*) while they lay their son/brother/father etc to rest. They do the same thing at military funerals, and anywhere else that will get them the publicity they crave while they spew their hate and shame. (again, IMHO*)

Martin Luther King Jr said....He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it.
He also said.....History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people.
I know this little website has a whole 2 readers, both immediate family, but I guess this is my way of standing up to say this is SO NOT COOL!! And asking them, politely, to crawl back under their rocks for all eternity.

If you are so inclined, you can call their "church", at 785-273-0325 and leave your best wishes. But, they don't accept blocked calls. Not sure if that means I'll be getting my very own personal call from crazyville or not, guess I will let you know.

OK, I am now stepping down off of my soapbox. (but still pretty pissed about the whole thing!)


*In my humble opinion

No comments: