Wednesday, April 2, 2008

How to Make A Random Act of Kindness All About Me!


Remember how I said I was going to do some kind of random acts of kindness in honor of the little boy fighting cancer and his family? They are keeping a blog on this website and you can find it by searching for colemanscott. Anyway....so today I was at my local Caseys, and there was an elderly woman patiently waiting in line behind me to pay for her coffee and donut. When the clerk asked if there was anything else I needed, I said, yes...I would like to pay for whatever she is having also. Well, needless to say I think I shocked the jebus out of the poor woman, and she tried to refuse my offer. I gave her a brief explanation of why I wanted to pay for her things, and after hearing the little story, she gave me a hug and let me pay. Got to tell you, it was a pretty amazing feeling! So even though I did it for the positive energy Coleman needs, I got a pretty big old boost of sunshine out of it myself. So to quote one of my favorite singers....go do something wonderful for somebody. It can a totally selfish experience!

No comments: