Saturday, May 10, 2008

Open Up Your Hearts and Your Wallets for a Good Cause

Remember the little boy fighting cancer that I have written about several times? Well, a very sweet man has come up with a wristband to be sold to raise money for the Iowa City Ronald McDonald house. You know what the wristbands are....you can buy just about any color, to support just about any cause. Well, I personally think this is a great cause, and I can do it for my nephew since he was able to benefit from some of the best doctors Iowa has to offer at the U of I Hospital. So I am posting the information directly from Coleman's carepage for you. I hope everyone can spare a couple of dollars. I know that if I skip 1 or 2 latte, I can cover the cost and that sure isn't giving up much. So, how about it?? Make this your random act of kindness for the month!

OH I almost forgot, if you still want a TEAM LARSON wristband, here’s Don’s email again.... dayersiii@verizon.net Thank you so much Don- (this is a man who has one of the most GIVING hearts we know…) I think this ‘little’ project has turned into quite BIGGER than he expected? He hasn’t complained though…and for him to do this for us, means the world. He needs the number of bands you want, sizes and an address to send them to. Donations are being forwarded to the Ronald McDonald house of Iowa City…our 2nd Home, not because of the house itself, but the amazing people who give of themselves there. It’s a special place to our family and so many others…we thank you for being a part of us giving a little back as a token of the huge help they’ve been to us.

No comments: