Friday, December 26, 2008

Nothing Like a Nice Cotton Explosion to Slap Me Back to Reality!

What the hell am I talking about, you ask?? Well, let me tell you a little day after Christmas story. (I guess the story really starts on Christmas morning...)
Burda--Mom, do you know what happened to the brand new box of tampons I bought??
Me--No, but did you look in the clothes hamper (this is a reasonable question since they sit on the shelf just above the hamper in the bathroom closet)
Burda--YES!! And they aren't there!! (this is followed by a stomp, stomp slam since it is first thing in the morning, and she got her wonderful morning disposition from her mother!! We are not a great tribe of morning people!!)
So, anyhow...I take a quick peek in the hamper, just to confirm, and sure enough they aren't there. Now, fast forward to this morning, and me moving clothes from the washer to the dryer. And you will never guess what I found in the washer....the same washer that had JUST FINISHED WASHING A LOAD OF DARK CLOTHES????!!!!! Yep, that's right. Now everything that was in that load of clothes has come out looking like a badly abused wool sweater that was dipped in wet cardboard. Sounds pretty sexy, huh! I don't think there is a lint brush big enough to handle this. There is a silver lining though.....at least they were new and not used, right??!! And with that sentence I will leave you since I just threw up in my mouth a little!

Oh, and want to know what could make this story just a little bit better??? The reason I was switching laundry this morning?? I need to wash our sheets because the dog threw up on the bed!! Is it too early to break out the Captain Morgan???

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I needed a good laugh...thanks so much for this story!