Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A Loss Beyond Measure

I think if anyone has hung around with me for any length of time, they have been able to pick up that I don't make new friends easily. I have lots of "acquaintances" but the true friends are the ones I have known and trusted for a very long time. Fairly recently I was lucky enough to make a new true friend, and I just love her to bits. She has had a pretty rough year by any ones standards and the year has now ended on a ridiculously shitty note. I have searched all morning for the right words that would bring some kind of peace and calm to her and her family in this difficult time, but everything falls way short. So, I am asking that you please send Lesa all the thoughts and prayers she can handle as she tries to come to terms with this. And please ask everyone you know to send their thoughts and prayers as well. She is an amazing person, inside and out, and I would never be so arrogant as to pretend I know what she is feeling right now. My heart breaks for her and her daughters, and all of those close to them. Lees....when you are ready hon, I am here. Anything you need, anything at all....please don't hesitate to ask. And while I know that is the same thing everyone will say to you in the days and weeks ahead, please know I mean it with all of my heart. I love you sister friend!

2 comments:

Lesa said...

All I can say is how deeply touched I am by your words and feel the same way about you.

Luv juu,
L

Unknown said...

Leesa, you must be a great person, especially if Jodi says so....I'm always here for you too...my best prayers and wishes are coming your way.