Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Sisters and Friends

On Saturday I got to hang out with my mom and my sister for the day, and it was a pretty good time. My sister and I don't get to hang out as much as I would like anymore cuz we live about an hour apart, and life just gets in the way. But she really is my best friend. I have several friends, but she is the one that I would call if I was in real trouble. For instance if I called her and told her I had killed someone, she would offer to bring a shovel and plastic bags. Now, I have not killed anyone, so please don't think that is an actual example. But she would come, and we would bury the evidence and she would lie through her teeth for me. I think it is mandatory that everyone have someone like that in their lives. More than likely I will never need her to help me cover up a serious crime but it is comforting to know that she would, and she would not be judgemental about it. I really don't have any deep dark secrets but if I did she is the only person I would confide them to. And it goes without saying that I would do the same for her. Of course, the odds of her having a deep dark secret are about as good as the sky turning a lovely shade of plaid today. As far as moral compasses go, if north is good and south is bad, hers is always pointing due north. And someone like that is also good to have as a friend and confidant. Hope you all have someone like her in your life!

UPDATE: It has been brought to my attention that if my sister's moral compass is just strictly northward pointing, why would she help me bury a body? The answer to that is simple....for me to actually cause someone serious bodily harm, they would have to be a very evil person. And she would know that. But again....just an example. I don't plan to be doing anyone in, at least not today. :)

No comments: