Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Dinner Guests

On Friday night we were invited to dinner at Critter's place. How strange it is to have him old enough to be hosting us. But it was great! Wonderful steaks, flame kissed, and sweet corn frozen this summer. And because I am such an amazing cook....we stopped at Perkins and bought a pie. After dinner we sat and watched the Wizard of Oz. I haven't seen that movie in forever, but it has always been one of my favorites. We even got to see the "hanging munchkin" that I thought was just an urban legend!! I am not convinced that it really was a suicidal little person, but there is definitely something there in the background. I remember watching that movie a hundred times and I never noticed that before. I do remember letting Burda hide behind me every time the witch would make an appearance though. The wicked witch scared the snot out of her every time! The best part of the night was just sitting on his couch together.
I miss the family time now that the kids are getting older and have their own lives. It just makes the time we can spend together that much better. Now that I am getting older, I think that is the best part of the holidays...knowing everyone will be together. I am looking forward to the first Thanksgiving this weekend, even if it will be a Mexican pot luck. Thanks Mal! :) It will be a good time with tons of good food!

No comments: