Sunday, November 18, 2007

The Waltons....NOT

We had our Thanksgiving today......Mexican, Oriental, turkey plus lots more. All of us were here and we spent some time talking about when my kids were young. This was a while ago as the youngest is 38. My kids and I seem to remember those years differently. My memories are something like Walton Mountain. The kids seems to agree we were a cross between Rosanne and Married With Children. Of course after some discussion I would agree!!! The bottle rocket wars.......food fights......trips that seemed endless (are we there yet) and my personal favorite - using a rubber band to hold the handle down on the kitchen sprayer. The water fight after was fun but water was everywhere. I am sure I was a trial for my kids. I was NOT the typical parent. We all grew up together and mostly I learned from them I think. Now they have kids of their own. There is justice in this world......grandkids are just like them. Now I know what my dad meant when he told me that he hoped my daughter would be just like me and they both are. The noise level today was high, confusion was rampant and kids were everywhere. Loved every minute of it.

No comments: