Sunday, November 4, 2007

November musings

Just a note about birthdays. Time slips away from us. Just yesterday my daughter was a child. Now her children are growing up. One is in college, one in high school and one just turned 5. She is growing older and dragging me along. This seems unreasonable to me. I got her to adulthood........why must I get older. I don't want to grow up. This is something my children know. Not sure they agree with it however. I have tried being an adult, don't like it very much. Most grownups are stuffy and not much fun. Of course, eldest daughter does bring us cookies and cupcakes. Youngest daughter is the grownup of the family. The rest of us elected her after she left one holiday, don't remember which holiday it was though. She handles this very well. This is a lifetime appointment and she is not allowed to resign. I think she would like to ground me sometimes. I remember when she was a teenager, and try to channel that. Not a good at it as she was though. Anyway, happy birthday little man. You and your cousin who is also 5 helps me remember your mother's when they were young. Thank you so much for those wonderful memories.

Grandma

No comments: