Thursday, November 15, 2007

Holiday Musing

The holidays tend to mean more as one gets older. Maybe it is the knowledge that the sand in the hour glass is running faster now. I was adopted so when I was a child there was an emptiness at that time of year. I had family and was loved, but there was always something lacking. Then I had my first child......there in my arms was blood and bone that was actually part of me. I now have 3 children and 13 grandchildren. When I look around I see part of me in all of them. I have been so blessed. On Sunday I will again count my blessings and realize how very fortunate I am. This being said, the noise level will be off the charts, there will kids everywhere and lots of confusion. This is my family.........we are not the typical family........but we have enough love to go around to all of us. We are still a square my kids and me......just a bigger one. Can't wait for them to get here.

No comments: